So many products in life use 6063 aluminum sheets, such as building profiles, irrigation pipes, pipes, rods, and profiles for vehicles, benches, furniture, elevators, fences, etc., all use 6063 aluminum sheets. So why is 6063 aluminum sheet widely used? It is because the 6063 aluminum sheet has excellent technical characteristics, so what are the technical characteristics of the 6063 aluminum sheet? What are the surface quality requirements of 6063 aluminum sheet?
The main elements of 6063 aluminum sheet are magnesium and silicon. The representative alloy for extrusion of 6063 aluminum sheet has lower strength than 6061 and good extrudability. It is a low-alloyed Al-Mg-Si series high-plastic alloy with many valuable characteristics.
1. 6063 aluminum sheet is strengthened by heat treatment, has high impact toughness, and is not sensitive to notch.
2. 6063 aluminum sheet has excellent thermoplasticity, and can be extruded into various profiles with complex structure, thin wall and hollow at high speed or forged into forgings with complex structure. The quenching temperature range is wide, the quenching sensitivity is low, and extrusion and forging demoulding Finally, as long as the temperature is higher than the quenching temperature. That is, it can be quenched by spraying water or piercing water, and thin-walled parts (6<3mm) can also be quenched by wind.
3. The 6063 aluminum sheet has excellent welding performance and corrosion resistance, and has no tendency to stress corrosion cracking. Among the heat-treatable aluminum alloys, the Al-Mg-Si alloy is the only alloy that has no stress corrosion cracking phenomenon.
4. After processing, the surface is very smooth and easy to anodize and color. The disadvantage is that if it is parked at room temperature for a period of time after quenching and then aged, it will have an adverse effect on the strength (parking effect).
1. The surface of the 6063 aluminum sheet must be clean, and no cracks or other oxidized impurities are allowed.
2. Due to the imperfection of the process, the surface of the plate is allowed to have defects such as dents, scratches or roll marks, but its depth must not exceed the allowable negative deviation of the plate. If the deviation exceeds the value, it will be remade.
3. Process aluminum-clad thick plates are allowed to have shedding parts of the cladding layer and bubbles in the cladding layer.
4. The surface of 6063 aluminum sheet is usually allowed to repair defects within the range of thickness difference.
5. Some other requirements are mainly formulated with demanders and suppliers, and then the process is changed.
The above-mentioned quality requirements for the surface of 6063 aluminum sheet are introduced here. You can see that due to the imperfection of the process, there is a certain error, but it must not exceed the deviation value.